What if we flipped that around?
We could be proud of our failures:
- if we dared to try something different
- if we did it with good intentions
- if we didn’t succeed, but we did learn something valuable
- if we provoked a little controversy, discussion, and debate.
We could be embarrassed by our successes:
- if we took the easy, safe route
- if we settled for good enough in place of excellence, innovation, or thoroughness
- if we didn’t really learn anything except to prove with one more anecdote that the old way works well enough to be repeated yet again.
Photo credit: chefranden